On completion of the course the learner will be able to identify, evaluate and record safety, health and environmental hazards in their designated work areas and be able to evaluate the risks attached to operational tasks and processes.
DURATION: 3 Days
SAQA ID: N/A
NQF LEVEL: 2
PREREQUISITES: Communication & Mathematical Literacy at NQF level 1
• Explain the objectives and benefits of structured workplace and operational process inspections
• Determine the NOSA elements that need to be included in regular SHE and supervisory inspections, checks and/or planned maintenance schedules
• Prepare for and carry out practical workplace inspections and equipment checks as well as identify deviations and record findings
• Present summary reports on inspection findings for action by SHE committee meeting
• Comply with legislative requirements and Codes of Practice
• Reduce both occupational incident frequency and severity rates.
• Prepare summary report on findings together with recommendations for submission to SHE committee or other appropriate management representative
• Employees and supervisors responsible for the implementation and maintenance of SHE standards and management control procedures in daily operational processes and procedures.
• SHE representatives, SHE committee members, shop stewards and staff involved in or responsible for the evaluation of inspection reports.
• SHE practitioners at all levels.