On completion of Advanced SAMTRAC, the learner will be able to apply the course methodologies and tools to implement an effective SHEQ management system on behalf of their organisation.
SAMTRAC (or an equivalent qualification assessed to be of the same standard as SAMTRAC), or a tertiary qualification in an HSE discipline. Please note for all classes, learners will require a smart device (tablet, laptop).
PRICE: R7 900 (VAT incl.)
The Advanced SAMTRAC course covers the requirements of the following five unit standard-linked titles:
- Understanding the requirements for an integrated management system.
- Mapping the business processes in the integrated management system.
- Improving the effectiveness and efficiency of an integrated management system.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating an operational plan for an integrated management system.
- Applying the principles of ethics to improve organisational HSE culture in the integrated management system.
Advanced SAMTRAC comprises a pre-assesment, to be completed before the due-day, facilitator-led classroom tutorial, which covers seven modules. The seventh module is a practical assignment submission due within two weeks of completion of the classroom sessions.
The Advanced SAMTRAC modules encompass the following:
- The SHEQ management system.
- Applied operational process mapping for the SHEQ management system.
- Improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the SHEQ management system.
- Implementing the SHEQ management system as an operational plan.
- HSE ethics in the SHEQ management system.
- Workplace risk assessment and control in an effective SHEQ management system.
- Individual assignment – Design a SHEQ management system for your company.
- HSE and SHEQ practitioners, officers and managers
- General managers, senior line managers and supervisors
- HSE representatives, committee members and chairpersons
- Engineering, operations management and project management professionals
- Personnel responsible for the management and implementation of SHEQ programmes and management systems
- Department of Labour inspectors
- Risk/insurance assessors
- Continuous improvement and quality professionals