SAMTRAC (or an equivalent qualification assessed to be of the same standard as SAMTRAC), or a tertiary qualification in an HSE discipline.
Price: R7 900 (VAT incl.)
The SAMTRAC Construction certificate provides HSE professionals specialising in construction and project management with the foundations of construction health and safety management. This invaluable and comprehensive course contains important content, aligned to the requirements of the South African and international construction industries.
The SAMTRAC Construction course comprises a pre-assesment, to be completed before the due-day, facilitator-led classroom tutorial, concluding with a CHS Management Plan assignment submission due within two weeks of completion of the classroom sessions.
SAMTRAC Construction modules encompass the following construction and project management themes:
- The foundations of CHS management.
- Health and safety management plans for construction projects.
- The role of CHS in tender submissions and cost estimations.
- Establishing the fundamentals of construction health and safety organisation.
- Establishing effective health and safety consultation, co-operation and promotion.
- Sub-contractor health and safety compliance risk.
- Employee wellness in the construction work environment.
- Hazard identification and risk assessment programmes and controls.
- Site or camp-establishment risk.
- HSE and SHEQ practitioners, officers and managers
- General managers, senior line managers, and supervisors
- Operations and project management practitioners
- Personnel responsible for the management and implementation of CHS management plans and HSE management systems